I’m sitting backstage at the Nokia Theater LA Live, working on final prep and rehearsals for our CTO’s keynote. The doors are open and attendees are starting to come in. In the keynote, one of the many things we’re announcing is Adobe AIR for TV. We’re very excited that after a year+ of hard work, crazy travel, late nights, and many conference calls between San Jose, San Francisco, Seoul, Tokyo, and Bangalore that we’re releasing the first AIR runtime to television sets and Bluray players
Our launch partner is Samsung, who will be embedding the AIR TV runtime on their SmartTV products. Very exciting opportunity for developers who want to get to new screens. There’s already been a ton of overage, but if you’re at MAX come to the keynote today to check out Kevin Lynch present some exciting demos that you won’t want to miss.
Here’s a list of places you can learn more:
- Adobe Dev Center: What’s new in Adobe AIR
- Engadget: Adobe announces Air 2.5 for TVs, tablets and phones, launches Adobe InMarket to package apps
- NeeTeeVee: Can Adobe Jump-Start the TV App Market With AIR?
- GigaOm: Adobe Targets Non-Apple Devices for AIR 2.5 Apps
- Mashable: Adobe Air 2.5 Revealed: It’s All About Mobile